Scottish Highlands, centrally located in Leesburg, Florida, provides easy access to all major Florida highways. It is close enough to metropolitan areas without dealing with the hustle and bustle on a daily basis. Scottish Highlands has a peaceful village feel and is convenient to all local services. Many popular Florida parks, beaches, and attractions are within one to two hours’ drive.
- Both Orlando International airports are located within an hour’s drive.
- Two hospitals are within 15 minutes - Florida Waterman Hospital, and Leesburg Regional Medical Center.
- Beaches all along the east and west coast, such as Daytona, New Smyrna, Clearwater, Tampa Bay, Sanibel, and many more.
- Orlando theme-park attractions are all convenient and offer both day and night adventures. These include Disney World, Universal, SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, just to name a few.
- There are over 20 quality golf courses, providing challenges for all skill levels, within a 30-mile radius.
- Scottish Highlands is surrounded by The Harris Chain of Lakes, which offer excellent fishing and boating opportunities. Many bass tournaments are held here annually.
- Central Florida is surrounded by beautiful and extensive national and state parks, some within only a few minutes’ drive of Leesburg.
- Downtown Leesburg offers great restaurants, specialty shopping, and many community events. The local colleges offer cultural events and educational opportunities.
- Nearby Tavares, Americas’ Seaplane Capital, quaint Mount Dora and charming Eustis are neighboring cities with an array of local events, restaurants, festivals, and shopping.